Am I a little bitter that Lena Dunham is my age and writing, directing and starring in her own HBO series while I drink $2 wine alone and write Tumblr blogs? Absolutely. But she’s super-talented and I LOVE THIS SHOW. It’s (mostly) real and relatable to twenty-somethings in a way that no other show has been able to capture, even in these strange times when I’m suddenly a viewer the networks want. Here’s a drinking game for Girls — cheers to Lena!
Take a drink:
- Hannah isn’t wearing pants
- Hannah’s boyfriend Adam does something… unsavory
- Fuck it, let’s do this — drink to Adam’s bare chest!
- Hannah has an awkward encounter with an employer
- Marnie cries
- Marnie is disappointed in Hannah
- Shoshanna mentions (AGAIN) that she’s a virgin
- Someone whines about parents not supporting their NYC lifestyle
- The boys just don’t “get” the girls
- Jessa is so wild and free!
- Hannah reminds you that she is a writer and an artist, ok?!
- When you can’t help but cringe…
Take a shot:
- To unsafe sex!
- Then again when someone has a gynecological problem
- Sex and the City reference
- Hannah quits a job
- When Jessa bangs the Dad she babysits for… we all know it’s coming